- Mahindra offers five accessory kits to personalise the Scorpio.
- Exterior accessories include cosmetic upgrades like a spoiler, roof carrier and alloy wheels.
- There are a host of customisation options for the cabin such as seat covers, a head-up display, and more.
There’s no doubt that the Mahindra Scorpio, which is one of the most popular SUVs in the country, commands road presence. However, it’s starting to look a little bland in comparison to newer rivals. That said, there are plenty of customisation options to personalise your Scorpio according to your needs until a newer, more modern version enters the picture sometime in 2020.
The accessories are divided into five categories- Style, Comfort and Convenience, Technology, Adventure, and Safety. Let’s have a look at them individually:
Style: It includes 15- or 17-inch alloy wheels and full wheel covers.
Comfort and Convenience: Seat covers, floor mats, a roof-mounted blower, a car inverter and an in-car cooler form a part of this categor
Technology: Mahindra offers 7- and 9-inch headrest-mounted display options as well as GPS with navigation.
Adventure: You can customise the Scorpio with a roof carrier or a handirack.
Safety: The Safety package includes front and rear guards along with rear parking sensors, rear camera and front proximity sensors.
Moreover, the Scorpio also comes with a total of five kit options:
- Intense Chrome Kit- It includes chrome front fog lamp housing, chrome surounds for the headlamps, chrome on the front fender, chrome mirrors, chrome door handles, chrome rear quarter glass, wind deflectors (with chrome), air dam chrome, and front upper and lower grille chrome.
- Sporty Black Edition Kit
- Premium Metallic Kit
- Sporty Interior Kit
- Premium Interior Kit
Here is a detailed look at the individual list:
- Rear spoiler
- Roof carrier
- Rear guard
- Fog lamp protection
- Front guard
- Body cover
- Wind deflector
- Alloy wheel
- Seat covers
- Floor mats
- Scuff plate
- ISOFIX child seat anchor
- Sun shades
- Car bins
- Full floor illuminated mats
- Gear lock
- Car cushions
- Mobile holder
- Infotainment system
- Reverse camera screen on dashboard
- Mobile chargers
- Neck massager
- Rear sensors with display in IRVM
- Head-up display
- Puddle lamp
- Headrest-mounted screen
- Navigation system
- Fog lamp and reading lamp
- Vacuum cleaner and refrigerator and car tracker
- Tyre-pressure monitoring system
- Headlamp bulbs
You can visit Mahindra’s official website to check out more customisation options. You can either choose any one of the five accessory kits or pick the features that meets your needs.
The Scorpio is currently priced between Rs 9.99 lakh and Rs 16.63 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) and rivals the likes of the Tata Safari Storme, Renault Duster and the Hyundai Creta.
To get accurate on-road prices and stay notified about the latest car news and reviews, download the CarDekho app by clicking here.